WalkIt! for Kids...
International Walk To School Day is an annual event promoting walking and bicycling. Every October, millions of children participate globally. But why once a year? Why not EVERY day? Walking is wonderful for many reasons:
- Physical activity.
- Teaching safe pedestrian and bicycling skills.
- Awareness of where improvements are necessary to increase neighborhood walkability.
- Reducing traffic congestion + pollution near schools.
- Traffic calming.
- Sharing time with friends + family.
- Concern for the environment.
You can get started with some great ideas at walkbiketoschool.org
Still having difficulty getting your child to walk?